Pages

Monday, July 30, 2018

I Am Supported Meditative Movement



Welcome to the 21 Day Meditative Movement
Challenge. I'm Ellie Peterson here to show you how you
can incorporate the movements into your day so you can have more peace and joy, feel healthier,
happier and whole. The first movement that we're going to practice
is the I Am Supported Meditative Movement. The Universe supplies everything we need and
it's our job to acknowledge that, feel it throughout the day, and affirm that we are
supported.

We start the movement by having our feet about
hip width apart. You can also perform this movement as you
are seated. The real key is to make sure that you are
understanding how your body feels and make adjustments so that you feel supported. So if you are standing, feel your feet against
the floor.

If you are seated, feel your feet against
the floor. Know that ultimately you are connected to
the earth. Now move your feet a little bit out to the
side. Notice how your body feels.

That slight change because our body is totally
connected. Also feels differently. Now bring your toes together. Notice where your body feels that stretch.

Then find a position where you feel supported. Now extend your feet out a little bit further. Do you feel supported in this position? Bringing your feet closer together. How does that feel? For me feeling supported in a standing position
my feet are about hip width apart with my toes pointed out just a little bit.

Now we focus on our breath. Inhaling through your nose, exhaling through
your mouth. I invite you to close your eyes. Inhaling through your nose and exhaling through
your mouth.

Now we will add the affirmation on the exhalation. Inhaling through your nose. Saying outloud, "I am supported." And feel that support. Enjoy it.

Let's try it again. Inhaling, exhaling the affirmation, "I am
supported." Try it again. Inhale. Exhaling, "I am supported." One more.

Take a deep breath, inhaling. Exhaling, "I am supported." And now your head. Bring your head forward. Notice how it feels.

Bring your head back and notice the difference. Move your head to the side. Nice easy stretch and if anything hurts you
want to stop the movement. Moving your head to the other side, feel your
neck stretch.

And then bringing your head back to center
where you want your spine to be aligned. Invite you to close your eyes and focusing
your attention on your breath, inhaling, exhaling. Ready to add the mantra. Take a deep breath, inhaling.

Exhaling, "I am supported." Inhale. Exhaling, "I am supported." Try it again. Inhaling, exhaling "I am supported." One more. Take a deep breath, inhale.

Exhaling, "I am supported." Now it's your neck and shoulders, bring them
close to your ears, notice how you can create tension. That's important to realize. Now bring your shoulders down and notice the
difference. Try it again, shoulders come up.

Feel that tension that you can create, bringing
your shoulders back down, noticing the difference. Now bringing your shoulders in. Feel your upper back stretch, your chest is
contracted. Now go the other way.

Back is contracted, chest is extended. Try it again, shoulders come in. Feel that stretch, bringing them back out. The supported position is when your muscles
are neither contracted or extended.

They are in their relaxed position. Hands are open. Focus on your breath. Take a deep breath.

Inhale. Exhaling. Another deep breath, inhaling. Adding the affirmation, "I am supported." Try it again.

Inhale. Exhaling, "I am supported." Try another one. Take a deep breath. Inhale.

Exhaling, "I am supported." Last one. Inhale. Exhaling, "I am supported." Now it's your core. Moving your core side to side.

Feeling your body stretch. Circling around. Noticing how your body feels. Find that supported position.

For me it's bringing my stomach in and tucking
my seat under. Invite you to close your eyes and focusing
your attention on your breath. Inhaling. Exhaling.

Inhaling again. Adding the mantra, "I am supported." Inhale. Exhaling, "I am supported." Try it again. Inhaling.

Exhaling, "I am supported." Last one. Take a deep breath inhaling. Exhaling, "I am supported." In your supported position, slowly bring your
chin to your chest and as you nod know that this is your way of saying yes to life. We are all here.

You are supported. One more. This concludes the I Am Supported Meditative
Movement. Remember to practice it 3 times a day for
about 3 minutes.

And then notice throughout your day how you
feel supported..

I Am Supported Meditative Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment